12:02 PM ET SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium — Fernando Alonso claims Red Bull approached him “a couple of times this year” to replace Daniel Ricciardo in 2019. Ricciardo’s move to Renault for next season has started a chain reaction across the grid, moving Red Bull juniors Pierre Gasly and Carlos Sainz in different directions. Gasly will step
Formula 1
10:01 AM ET Twelve months ago, Rudy van Buren was working a 9-to-5 job in the Netherlands. When we sit down to speak, during the German Grand Prix weekend in late July, the towering 6″2 Dutchman — towering, that is, for a motor racing driver — is dressed in the orange, white and black kit
10:45 AM ET Pierre Gasly was caught slightly unawares by the call from Helmut Marko saying he would be promoted from Toro Rosso to Red Bull next season. Daniel Ricciardo’s shock switch to Renault and Fernando Alonso’s decision to quit Formula One at the end of 2018 have blown the F1 driver market wide open.
5:13 AM ET McLaren 2019 hopeful Lando Norris will take part in his first Friday practice session ahead of this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix. Daniel Ricciardo’s shock switch to Renault and Fernando Alonso’s decision to quit Formula One at the end of 2018 have blown the F1 driver market wide open. Here’s how the driver
7:59 PM ET Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko says Daniel Ricciardo told him he would sign a contract extension just days before calling back to say he was moving to Renault. Daniel Ricciardo’s shock switch to Renault and Fernando Alonso’s decision to quit Formula One at the end of 2018 have blown the F1
4:44 PM ET Red Bull has confirmed Pierre Gasly will make the step up from Toro Rosso to replace Renault-bound Daniel Ricciardo in 2019. Daniel Ricciardo’s shock switch to Renault and Fernando Alonso’s decision to quit Formula One at the end of 2018 have blown the F1 driver market wide open. Here’s how the driver
8:59 AM ET Daniel Ricciardo’s shock switch to Renault and Fernando Alonso’s decision to quit Formula One at the end of 2018 blew the F1 driver market wide open over F1’s summer break. ESPN looks at the remaining seats needing to be filled and who the candidates are. Mercedes Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas will
7:03 AM ET Fernando Alonso’s Toyota team has been disqualified after winning the latest round of the World Endurance Championship at Silverstone. ESPN looks back at Fernando Alonso’s 17-year Formula One career and picks out his best and most memorable moments. Jenson Button is certain former McLaren teammate Fernando Alonso return to Formula One in
Aug 19, 2018 ESPN News Services IndyCar driver Robert Wickens was hospitalized and is being treated for injuries to his lower extremities, right arm and spine after his car went soaring into the fence at Pocono Raceway in a scary wreck on the seventh lap Sunday afternoon. IndyCar said Wickens also suffered a pulmonary contusion.
10:36 AM ET Jenson Button is certain former McLaren teammate Fernando Alonso would return to Formula One in the right scenario. Earlier this week, Alonso announced he will be stepping away from F1 at the end of 2018. His statement made it clear it is not a full retirement from the series, saying it would