9:47 AM ET Marcus Ericsson wanted to continue as a Sauber race driver next year but says he understands the team’s decision to replace him with Kimi Raikkonen. Ericsson is due to take on a reserve driver and brand ambassador role next year after Sauber confirmed Antonio Giovinazzi would partner Kimi Raikkonen at the team
Formula 1
8:59 AM ET Ferrari junior driver Antonio Giovinazzi will race alongside Kimi Raikkonen at Sauber in 2019. The Italian joins the team with backing from Ferrari and Sauber’s title sponsor Alfa Romeo. The deal will see an all-new driver line-up for the Swiss team next year, with current driver Charles Leclerc set to replace Raikkonen
7:38 AM ET Renault’s new technical head Marcin Budkowski says it would be “ludicrous” to suggest his team can join the fight at the front of the field in Formula One next year. Daniel Ricciardo is not joining Renault until 2019, but the team is already feeling a lift from the Australian’s imminent arrival, according
6:35 AM ET Outgoing McLaren driver Stoffel Vandoorne’s next step could be a full-time IndyCar drive in 2019, with Dale Coyne Racing confirming an approach for the Belgian’s services. McLaren will have an all-new F1 line-up next season, with Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris replacing Vandoorne and Fernando Alonso. While Alonso has already confirmed he
10:41 AM ET F1 managing director Ross Brawn says Max Verstappen’s current form demonstrates why he deserves to be given a car which can win every race. Verstappen had a difficult start to 2018, becoming embroiled in a number of incidents while Daniel Ricciardo claimed two victories in the opening six races. The Dutchman also
7:56 AM ET With Mick Schumacher’s form in junior racing categories becoming increasingly difficult to ignore, Ferrari says the door would always be open to the German driver in future. The Schumacher name is synonymous with Ferrari — Mick’s father Michael won five of his seven world championships with the Italian team at the start
12:35 PM ET Double amputee Billy Monger claimed his first pole position since his return to racing, on his first visit to Donington Park since his horrific accident at the circuit last year. Monger, 19, lost both legs after driving into the back of a rival’s stationary car at a British Formula 4 race held
6:44 AM ET Daniel Ricciardo is not joining Renault until 2019 but the team is already feeling a lift from the Australian’s imminent arrival, according to technical director Nick Chester. Renault pulled off one of the biggest surprises in F1’s recent history of driver moves by convincing Ricciardo to leave Red Bull during the summer
11:41 AM ET Ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix, Formula One went public with its vision for the future. We’d known for some time that the sport was taregting a complete overhaul for 2021, but it wasn’t until a presentation by F1’s head of motorsport Ross Brawn that it was possible to visualise it. With
8:49 AM ET Former Formula One driver Sebastien Buemi will remain in the all-electric Formula E series with Nissan in the 2018-19 season, the Japanese manufacturer said on Thursday. Le Mans 24 Hours winner and 2015-16 Formula E champion Buemi raced in Formula One with Toro Rosso, who have at least one vacancy and possibly