

The transfer window for Europe’s biggest clubs is open. Transfer Talk has been scouring the world’s media and setting our correspondents loose to see who could be heading to or out of your club this month.
TOP STORY: Vela could be Barcelona’s Plan B
Carlos Vela has emerged as a January option to fulfill Barcelona’s striker shortage, according to several reports. Vela, currently at LAFC, has experience in La Liga, having played at Real Sociedad for seven seasons prior to arriving in MLS in 2018.
According to Spanish outlet Cadena SER, the Mexico international is in Barcelona’s sights and behind only Chelsea’s Alvaro Morata on the wish list.
ESPN Deportes’ Jodi Blanco confirmed the Catalan club’s interest in Vela — who debuted in Europe with Arsenal in 2005 and had loan spells at additional Spanish teams — but added that he is just “one of the names” on the whiteboard.
LAFC have not officially heard from Barcelona regarding Vela, but the club is aware that a potential offer could be coming, according to ESPN Deportes’ Mauricio Pedroza.
Barcelona saw Munir El Haddadi make an early departure to Sevilla last week and are seeking some depth behind Luis Suarez.
LIVE BLOG
07.25 GMT: Mousa Dembele’s move to China looks like a done deal, with photos leaking of the Tottenham midfielder holding a Guangzhou R&F shirt.
BREAKING | Mousa Dembele appears to have completed his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Guangzhou R&F following a leaked image.
Spurs are expected to provide an official announcement later today which will confirm the Belgian’s departure from the football club.#THFC #COYS pic.twitter.com/3shwtCJmRt
— Ricky Sacks 🎙 (@RickSpur) January 17, 2019
Modric on the move?
It seems highly unlikely that Real Madrid would consider letting him go, as he has just been named the best player on the planet, but Corriere dello Sport reports that Inter Milan are hoping to land Luka Modric. The Italian publication’s back page carries a headline saying “the door is open” for a potential switch.
It has previously been claimed that the Milan club have offered the midfielder a four-year deal in hopes that the long contract would entice the 33-year-old, with Juventus also said to be keen.
Real would be reluctant to lose a man who has enjoyed a close to perfect year, though, after following another Champions League win by guiding Croatia to their first World Cup final and winning the Ballon d’Or.
Hammers set sights on Arnautovic replacement
With Marko Arnautovic keen to leave West Ham for China this month, the Daily Express carries a story claiming that the Hammers have turned their eyes toward Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson.
The 26-year-old has become a proven Premier League goal scorer in recent years and scored in his England debut last year. It has been claimed that Bournemouth would demand in the region of £75 million for the striker if they were to sell the former Coventry City front man, with Chelsea also said to be interested.
West Ham have not put all their eggs in one basket, though, with manager Manuel Pellegrini said to be keen to work once again with Roma and ex-Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko. The 32-year-old won the Premier League with Pellegrini at Manchester City and has been a class act at Roma in recent years but would be allowed to leave as part of a shakeup at the Serie A side, according to reports.
Celtic hope to land United’s rising star
Manchester United are considering letting one of their best young players, Scott McTominay, out on loan if reports are to be believed, and almost all of the Scottish papers agree that Celtic are hopeful of landing the 22-year-old. The Scottish Sun are among a host of publications that claim Brendan Rodgers is keen to secure the services of the midfielder on loan.
McTominay was named Jose Mourinho’s player of the year last season, but since the manager’s departure, the five-time-capped Scotland international has featured for only one minute in the Premier League under new boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
However, it is claimed that a potential switch across the border might depend on the future of Marouane Fellaini, who is also being linked with a move away from Old Trafford.
Football Whispers’ transfer algorithm gives the likelihood of rumours happening a score out of five.
Oumar Niasse to Cardiff City: 4.5
The Everton striker is said to have already had his medical ahead of a loan move to the Bluebirds until the end of the season. The Senegal international joined Everton from Lokomotiv Moscow in 2016 and has scored nine goals in 39 appearances.
Alvaro Morata to Atletico Madrid: 3.8
The Chelsea striker looks set for the exit door, and Atletico Madrid appear to be the most likely destination. The Spaniard signed for £70 million in the summer of 2017, but now the club would accept anything in the region of £45 million, it is claimed.
Daniel Sturridge to New York City FC: 2.6
The Liverpool striker is said to be set for talks with MLS, and The Sun claims that New York City FC are one of the clubs keen on the England international. The 29-year-old is free to speak to clubs abroad, as he is in the final six months of his contract.
Eric Bailly to Arsenal: 2.5
It has been claimed that Manchester United have told Bailly and Marcos Rojo they can leave the club, which has prompted the talk of Bailly-to-Arsenal to resurface. Reports suggest that the Gunners have been told they need to put up a significant fee if they want to land the 24-year-old.
Steven Bergwijn to Manchester United: 1.6
The Red Devils are set to send scouts to watch the Dutch international. The Sun claims the PSV Eindhoven forward would cost in the region of £25 million, and United are considering a move this month.